Mortgage Broker and Singer-Songwriter Chris Kennaugh has been self-employed for the last 18 months and getting some great results on Facebook.
He’s now got over 45 reviews on the platforms and is being approached almost every day to help people with their mortgage.
Alex has only published about four YouTube videos but he’s committing to producing a minimum of one video per week for the next twelve months.
We talk through what equipment and software Alex uses, how he does it all himself but will look to outsource some of the processes in the future.
Alex believes if you’re thinking about shooting video you should always remember ‘AVL’ Audio, Visual, Lighting. It doesn’t matter how good your video looks if your audio is rubbish and visa versa.
Alex Kerr’s Video Kit
Canon M50 – https://www.canon.co.uk/cameras/eos-m50/
Led Ring Light – https://www.google.com/search?q=led+ring+light&oq=led+ring+light
Rode Lav Mic – http://www.rode.com/microphones/lavalier
Software and Resources
Adobe Premiere – https://www.adobe.com/uk/products/premiere.html
Kit.com what kit you use, see what other people use – https://kit.com/
Upwork – for finding freelancers – https://www.upwork.com
Canva – create your video thumbnails – https://www.canva.com/
Morning Fame – YouTube channel strategy, how likely is your channel to appear in search results for keywords – https://morningfa.me/
Trello – Alex Kerr uses this for his project management – https://trello.com/en-GB
Asana – The Lead Engine uses this for their project management – https://app.asana.com
SEM Rush – SEO tool – https://www.semrush.com
Alex Kerr On Social
People Alex Kerr Has Learnt From
Premiere Gal – Video editing tutorials for Adobe premiere – https://www.premieregal.com/
Gary Das – Mortgage Broker – https://www.garydas.com/
Sean Cannell – YouTube growth strategies – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWWFavn3ym0w3myTD5OX59g
Quotes From Alex Kerr
Punch perfectionism in the face
Views while you snooze
Put yourself in the uncomfortable position and just do it
In this episode you’ll hear;-
1. The upcoming document on factors that affect the cost per click, by Alex Curtis.
2. What type of ads help to lower the cost per click and generate sales?
3. The factors that affect the cost per thousand impressions on Facebook ads.
4. The importance of having a specific target audience for your ads.
5. How your competition affects your cost per click on ads.
6. How adding relevant media to your ads texts impacts ads click rates.
7. Why adding emojis on your ads texts and headlines improves the ads click rates.
8. The benefit of adding your website’s URL in ad texts.
9. How branding affects your ads click through rates.
How We Halved Our Cost Per Lead With Facebook Ads
You'll learn how Facebook charges you for clicks and how you can use this to your advantage to reduce your costs.
Get access to the free PDF now.
Jeremy Duncombe, the director of intermediary lending at the Accord Mortgages, joins us today in the Lead Generation for Financial Services Podcast. Jeremy has a background in intermediary lending as a business development manager for some lenders and has also served as a head of sales at Advantage, Morgan Stanley’s lender.
In this episode you will hear;-
1. Jeremy’s role at Accord Mortgages.
2. What Accord Mortgages does for its clients that make them stand out from their competitors.
3. The Accord’s Growth Series podcast episode that went viral.
4. The pool of free resources Accord Mortgages avails to their clientele and followers.
5. A case study example of a successful lead generation campaign run by one of their subscribers.
6. How Accord Mortgages helps brokers collate reviews and feedback from their clients.
7. The benefits of niching down in business.
8. The benefits of integrating your local community and your online presence to amplify your brand.
Jeremy Duncombe- LinkedIn
Jeremy Duncombe – Twitter
The Accord Mortgages Growth Series Podcast
Jeremy Duncombe- Free Resources
Jim Smyth, is the mortgage prinicipal adviser at First Stop Mortgages & Protection NI Limited. Jim started off in Protection in 2012 and got into mortgages in late 2018. In this episode you’ll hear;-
1. Jim’s backstory in his career life.
2. The importance of educating people about your services
3. Jim’s experience with a business coach he had hired.
4. How Jim and his brother expanded his business from Protection into Protection & Mortgages.
5. Jim’s first experience with a successful door to door business sale.
6. Techniques deployed by Jim to seek referrals.
7. The introduction of Social Media to grow their business.
8. Jim’s advice to people who want to get started in the Mortgage business.
9. Methods on how to optimise on Social Media Marketing.
10. Free video resources by Jim Smyth.
11. What Jim would do if he was to start from scratch today.
12. Importance of personal branding over commercial branding like logos.
13. How Jim and his team generate reviews for their business.
14. Jim’s advice to people struggling with Social media marketing.
The second of a two-part episode with Mortgage Broker Gary Das from Active Mortgages.
We continue chatting through Gary’s 7 steps to generating your own leads.